Skiing with or without instructor? Where to ski in Zakopane? Where to rent the equipment in Zakopane? How much will it cost? These, and several more FAQ about starting your ski adventure in Zakopane are being answered by the Tatra Heroes specialists!
IS IT WORTH TAKING AN INSTRUCTOR IN ZAKOPANE?
If you are a beginner, do not even hesitate. Tatra Heroes cooperate with very qualified English speaking instructors in Zakopane, who will teach you how to ski and will take care of your safety on the slope (which is very important for you and other skiers).
HOW TO BOOK THE INSTRUCTOR?
When booking ski instructor with Tatra Heroes you also get an assistance in choosing the equipment, purchasing the skipass which might be confusing for someone coming to Zakopane for the first time. Our instructors will also select a slope that suits your ski level. What’s more – your instructor can also pick you up from the hotel and drive you back after the ski lessons 🙂
DO I NEED TO BOOK THE INSTRUCTOR IN ZAKOPANE IN ADVANCE?
YES. Despite we cooperate with large number of ski instructors, we always have to plan ski lessons in advance. It is best to let us know at least 2 days earlier.
When you are planing to come to Zakopane during the UK’s winter break, you need to make a reservation at least 2 months earlier.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The price for the total service: transportation both ways, assistance in collecting the equipment + 2 hours of ski lesson starts from 130 PLN/person
Large groups (more than 15 people) always get tailored price.
BEST SKI SLOPES IN ZAKOPANE FOR BEGINNERS
Starting your ski adventure in Zakopane? Choosing the right slope, accurate for your ski level is most important. Here’s short list of proper slopes for beginners:
- Biały Potok, Polana Biały Potok 512, Witów 320
- Nosal, ul. Oswalda Balzera 30, Zakopane
- Harenda ,ul. Harenda 34, Zakopane
- Pod Krokwią, Polana pod krokwią, Zakopane
- Gigant, ul. Bronisława Czecha 4, Zakopane
- Szymoszkowa, Polana Szymaszkowa, ul. Powstańców Śląskich, Zakopane
Our instructors will pick the best slope for you : less crowded, safe, economic. All of these conditions equals better progress in skiing
BEST SKI SLOPES IN ZAKOPANE FOR ADVANCED
- Kasprowy Wierch! The only alpine-like ski resort in Poland with two beautiful and steep slopes.
HOW TO GET TO THE SLOPES?
- By your own transport, remembering about parking payments and traffic
- Not the cheapest way of transport, but you always get there on time, and don’t have to worry about traffic or parking space. We cooperate with very nice, English speaking drivers.
- With your ski instructor. Usually this option is available, feel free to ask!
WHERE TO RENT THE SKI EQUIPMENT IN ZAKOPANE?
- BO-SKI , ul Szymaszkowa 7, Zakopane
- 5+ Szkoła górska, skitouring equipmnet, ul Kiry 38, Kościelisko
- Rental points by ski slopes. Almost every ski slope has decent rental point
BEST ATTRACTIONS AFTER SKIING
Finished skiing for today? Want to try something more? Check our outdoor and indoor top activities in Zakopane
- Thermal baths. Three hours session of relax in pools, jaccuzis, and hot springs. You can also find there amazing slides and kids area.
- Hungry? Food tasting is just the choice. Try traditional food, made of regional ingredients. Four excellent, high-quality dishes with glass of regional wine or shot of vodka served to dinner. Delicious!
- Horse sleigh ride and Highlander Fiesta is the spirit of Podhale region and Tatra Mountains. Two hours of fun, exploring nature and tradition. Start with one hour of sleigh ride through amazing landscape, then one hour in the typical wooden hut, with highlander music band live, traditional snacks and drinks. Best way to experience Podhale 🙂
- Not tired yet? Time to try snowmobiles and release some adrenaline! Our English speaking instructor will teach you how to drive and take you for one hour extreme snow safari. Breathless!